Project Green Ribbon aims to share stories in a responsible, respectful and empowering way.
We believe through storytelling, we can help people.
In order to do that, we need everyone to ensure all submissions are safe.
These general guidelines are to help us keep the space as safe as possible.
General guidelines before submitting your story:
- Change the privacy of your loved ones, friends and strangers mentioned in your story (eg: names).
- Be respectful when sharing details of others.
- Tell your story through your own lens. Try not to make assumptions about how others in your story are feeling or thinking.
- Please avoid suggesting that another person’s circumstances/predicament are better or worse than your own.
- Use respectful language, no vulgarity or words to demean such as “idiot, pervert, stupid”. If your post is critical, it should also serve a constructive purpose.
- We welcome both person-first language.
- If you cite a study or statistic, please provide a link to the source.
Think about this question: “What is the purpose of my post?” “What is the message you want to put across?”
- Sensitives to look out for, Self Harm, Suicide, Demeaning Language, Intimate, Graphic and Potentially Disturbing content
*Articles will be subjected to edits with our team. If there have been any major changes we will be in touch with you. We hope to represent you and not misinterpret your voice. If we feel that the article is not safe based on our editorial guidelines for the community, we will not be able to publish your article.
Also, unfortunately, not all articles will be published due to the overwhelming submissions we receive. If you would like to be in touch for a specific reason, please contact us here.
Lastly, if you do want to remain anonymous, please let us know in your submission.
If you would like us to credit the article to you, please submit an image of your choice(optional) and the name you would like to be listed as.
If you wish to apply to be a Community Writer Partner, please get in touch with us through the volunteer form here. Community Writer Partner’s will have a space that lists all articles by them exclusively. All cases and individuals will be subjected to the case to case basis.
We hope to provide as many opportunities as possible for everyone, a space and a sense of belonging for you.
We also accept, videos, photography and art. You can also share your story here.
Project Green Ribbon Team